Madoka Ogiya DipWSET
- WSET Level 4 Diploma
- Court of Master Sommeliers Certified Sommelier
- Sommelier with the Japan Sommelier Association
- Graduated from Kansai University.
- Fluent in both English and Japanese.
- Employed with a Japanese Airlines for 9+ years.
- In May 2007, established The Opener Co., Ltd. and began importing fine selections of Italian wines directly from Italy to Japan.
- In June 2007, produced the successful wine event called, “Wine in the Shrine” that delivered an evening of fine Italian wines, gourmet foods, live Jazz performances, Japanese culture and artistic performances; together at a famous and ancient Japanese Shrine.
- In October 2009, began managing and operating the Champagne and Wine bar, “La Chandelle” with sister.
- In April 2010, named CEO and became the sole proprietor of La Chandelle Champagne and Wine bar.
- In January 2014, received Wine Australia Scholarship Award. A short movie of WSET Awards and Graduation Ceremony 2014.
- In December 2014, began operating the Champagne Dining, “Le Coeur”
- In December 2015, published the first wine book “How to overcome the difficulty of choosing a wine & order with confidence!!” (Shuwa System Co.,Ltd.)
- In July 2018, inaugurated as California Wine Institute Japan Director.( http://www.calwines.jp )